Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An interview with... Iris!

So finally a new interview again! It's about time, right? This time it's with a very lovely Dutch 15 year old girl. And she has a part time job that a lot girls are jealous of. I'm sure of that! Because she models sometimes. So let's start with the questions!

Tell us something about yourself
I'm Iris, a 15 year old girl from the Netherlands. I'm going to the 4th class of high school.
My biggest passion is fashion, as you can guess!
For the rest I like photography, reading fashion magazines, art, listening to music, reading fashion blogs and off course having my own blog badhairdayblog!
I haven't got a job or something, but I do sometimes work as a model.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What does fashion and beautiful clothes mean to you?
A lot!! I've always been interested in fashion.
When I was young I always cut pictures of clothes out of magazines and tried to make nice combinations with them (I still do that sometimes hehe ;p).

How would you describe your personal style?
That's a difficult question.. I'd say it's a mix between cute & rockchick-ish.
For example: I wouldn't combine a cute dress with bows or something with other cute items, but with some rock chick items like gladiator sandals, a leather jacket or a stud belt.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Which item in your closet couldn’t you live without?
My jeanslegging, I wear it way too much! But it just fits with almost everything in my closet.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For what piece of clothing that hangs in your closet, do you feel the most ashamed of?
The promdress that I wore 3 years ago. It's short on one side and long on the other side, it's covered with glitters and it has a haltertop. It doesn't sound that awful but it IS awful!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Do you often have miss-buys or do you wear everything you buy?
Yes, I sometimes have miss-buys. Not very often, but sometimes I buy something that's just so special that I can't combine it with anything in my closet..
Like a silver suede legging I bought last year. I never wore it, because I really don't know how to combine it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you ever had unpleasant comments on your clothing, and if so, how did/do you deal with it?
Yes, on my school everyone wears a simple top with jeans, and if they see someone with different clothes they just begin to laugh.
If I'm wearing my jazz-shoes or a flowerskirt to school they call me granny or something, so annoying!
Earlier I was hurt when they said things like that, but I was getting more confidend by the time and I can deal with it a lot better now.

Maybe tips for the people who want to wear their own style, but are afraid?
I'm not very good at giving tips hehe. But yeah, I think you feel the most comfortable when you're wearing what you like.
People can laugh about you because you're different, but you just have to laugh about them because they're all the same!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What is your favorite trend right now?
I'd say militairy jackets! It's a shame that the 'famous' h&m militairy jacket was sold out that fast!
And the sequin trend is also very lovely I think! I really want a sequin jacket or gilet.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Which trend do you think is awful?
Well, I don't like short leggings, the ones above the knee. It looks a bit like the suit of a cyclist.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Do you have a fashion-icon? Or a website where you get inspiration?
I get most of my inspiration from fashionblogs and lookbook.nu
I don't have one specific icon, but I like the styles of Alexa Chung, Peaches Geldof, Pixie Geldof, Agyness Deyn and Chloe Sevigny.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What would you never, but then also never wear on the fashion area?
Big sneakers with neon colored laces, awful!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Is there something you would like to say to the people who read this?
Not very orginal, but just wear what you like! Don't let rude people affect you and your clothes!
You're way cooler than them :)

Iris, thank you for the interview! I really enjoyed it and I hope the ones who reads this also did!

5 comments:

Starr Crow said...

wow, love her style. great interview, i'm headed over to her blog now!

daisychain said...

well, it goes without saying that she is beautiful! she seems so lovely and has gorgeous style, I can't believe how young she is!

Marie said...

i love her blog! iris is greeat :D

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

leuk blog is dat :)

Anonymous said...

Mooi meisje met een mooie stijl!